ESO-15 Solved Assignment 2018-19
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Elective Course in Sociology-15
Society and Religion
Tutor Marked Assignment
Maximum Marks: 100 Programme Code: BDP
Weightage 30% Course Code: ESO-15
Assignment Code: ESO-15/AST/TMA/2018-19
Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each. Marks
1. Explain the significance of life-cycle rituals of birth, marriage and death. 20
2. Discuss religious pluralism in the context of India. 20
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss the social significance of pilgrimages. 12
4. Delineate the features of fundamentalism. 12
5. Discuss Turner’s analysis of ‘Mukanda’. 12
6. Distinguish the concepts of cults, sects and denominations. 12
Answer the following questions in about 50 words each.
7. What are the basic tenets of Sikhism? 6
8. Highlight the main features of Sufism. 6