ESO-14 Society and Stratification
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Elective Course in Sociology-14
Society and Stratification
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Maximum Marks: 100 Programme Code: BDP
Weightage: 30% Course Code: ESO-14
Assignment Code: ESO-14/AST/TMA/2020-2021
ESO-14 Sociology Solved Assignment 2020-21
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(Sociology)|
|Short Name||ESO-14 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(Sociology) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2020 Batch- 31st March, 2021
January 2021 Batch- 30th September, 2021
Answer all the questions.
Section – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Critically examine the functionalist approach to the study of Caste. 20
2. Explain the relationship between caste and class in Indian society. 20
Section – II
Answer the following in about 250 words each.
3. What were the central issues raised by the DMK movement? 12
4. Examine the role of media in gender stereotyping. 12
5. Discuss the nature of tribal movements in Post Independent India. 12
6. Explain with suitable examples the factors that influence social mobility. 12
Section – III
Answer the following in about 100 words each.
7. What do you understand by the term minorities? 06
8. Differentiate between vertical and horizontal mobility.
ESO-14, ESO-014, ESO 14, ESO 014, ESO14, ESO