ESO-11 Solved Assignment 2018-19
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Elective Course in M.A Sociology
ESO11: The Study of Society
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: ESO-11
Assignment Code: ESO-11/AST/TMA/2018-19
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer all the questions.
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Define and discuss the concepts of society and social institutions with suitable examples.
2. What is family? How does its role change from rural to urban industrial societies?
Answer the following in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss the meaning of conscious and unconscious socialization? 12
4. Is education equivalent to socialization? Explain. 12
5. Discuss the factors of social change with suitable examples. 12
6. Discuss the types of exchange given by Karl Polyani. 12
Answer the following in about 100 words each.
7. What is meant by ‘conspicuous consumption’? 6
8. Distinguish between primary and secondary groups. 6