EPS-03 Solved Assignment 2018-19
EPS03 MODERN INDIAN POLITICAL THOUGHT
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: EPS-03
Assignment Code: Asst /TMA/2018-19
Total Marks: 100
EPS3 MODERN INDIAN POLITICAL THOUGHT
Answer all questions. Try to answer in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer the following in about 500 words each. 2×20
1. Discuss the British colonial intervention in India’s economy in the early 19th century.
Write an essay on colonial intervention in social and cultural fields.
2. Examine the broad contours of the social reform ideology in the 19th century.
Discuss M.G. Ranade’s political ideas.
B) MCQ: Answer the following in about 250 words each. 4×12
3. Describe the distinctive characteristics of militant nationalism.
Examine the economic ideas of Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
4. Discuss Sri Aurobindo’s concept of nation and his theory of Spiritual Nationalism.
Write a note on Jyotiba Phule’s critique of the British Rule.
5. Describe E.V. Ramaswami Naicker’s Self –Respect Movement.
Examine Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s views on state socialism.
6. Examine the various dimensions of Swaraj.
What was Gandhi’s concept of Satyagraha? Explain.
C) SCQ: Answer the following in about 100 words each. 2×6
7. Write a note on Jawaharlal Nehru’s scientific outlook.
Formation of the Communist Party of India.
8. Marxist thought in post-independence India.
M.N. Roy’s critique of Marxism.