EHI-06 History of China and Japan 1840-1949
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2020-2021
Course Code: EHI-06
Assignment Code: AST/TMA/2020-21
Total Marks: 100
EHI-06 History Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(History)|
|Short Name||EHI-06 (English)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(History) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July Session: 31st March 2021
January: 30th September 2021
Note: All questions are compulsory.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Discuss the nature and forms of imperialist expansion in China after the Opium Wars.
Analyse the reasons for the decline of the Tokugawa system. 20
2. Discuss the factors that contributed to the growth of nationalism in China.
Explain major political and economic developments in Japan between 1952-1973. 20
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. Analyse the Tokugawa social structure.
Write a note on traditional Chinese society and its main social divisions. 12
4. Discuss Japan’s relations with the Western countries till the Meiji restoration.
Analyse the factors that contributed to the downfall of the Taipings. 12
5. Write a note on the Meiji constitution.
Discuss the impact of New Youth on the Chinese intellectuals. 12
6. How did nationalist sentiment and education policy help in justifying military rule in
Explain the major reforms introduced by the new regime after the Chinese Revolution in 1949. 12
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
1. Write short notes on any two of the following: 6 + 6
i) The Kuomintang
ii) Open Door Policy
iii) The Samurai
iv) Yuan Shi-Kai.
EHI-06, EHI-6, EHI 06, EHI 6, EHI06, EHI