EHI-05 SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
Course Code: EHI-05
Assignment Code: EHI-05/AST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
EHI-05 History Solved Assignment 2019-20
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: BA(History)|
|Short Name||EHI-05 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(History) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||31st March, 2020 for the students appearing in the June 2020 Term End Examination
30th September, 2020 for the students appearing in December 2020 Term End Examination
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks for each question are mentioned
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words each.
1. Was the 18th century in India a ‘Dark Age’? Discuss. 20
Did the Charter Act of 1833 fulfill is purpose? Elaborate. 20
2. Compare and contrast the processes of state formation in Mysore and
How did western knowledge shape the Indian mind? Discuss.
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss in brief the Hindi-Urdu controversy. 12
Did the Burma wars of the British meet their objectives? Comment.
4. How were the utilitarians different from the orientalists? Discuss in brief. 12
What were the objectives of the Permanent Settlement? Discuss.
5. Was the rule of law successful in India? Comment. 12
Why did the Revolt of 1857 fail? Discuss.
6. Discuss the evolution of the civil services in India. 12
What is deindustrialization? Discuss.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following: 6+6
i) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
iii) Awadh in the 18th century
iv) Sanyasi Rebellion
EHI-05, EHI-5, EHI 05, EHI 5, EHI05, EHI