EHI-05 Solved Assignment 2018-19
India from Mid-18th to Mid-19th Century
Course Code: EHI-05
Assignment Code : EHI-5/AST/TMA/2018-19
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
DCQ: Answer any two questions in about 500 words each.
1. Compare and contrast the main features of the Permanent Settlement and 20
the Mahalwari settlement. Were they able to fulfill their objectives?
2. Discuss the salient aspects of the Hyderabad administrative setup. 20
3. How did war and militarization impact the formation of the Mysore 20
revenue system? Elaborate.
4. Comment on the nature of the Hindi Urdu controversy. 20
MCQ: Answer any four questions in about 250 words each.
5. What was the role of the orientalists in shaping the British policy in the 12
6. Discuss the nature of the 1857 revolt. 12
7. Discuss the establishment of the British civil services in India 12
8. What was the impact of the Charter Act of 1833? Discuss. 12
9. Did the British effectively establish the ‘rule of law’ in the 18th and
19th centuries? Comment. 12
10. Were the Afghan wars able to fulfill the objectives of the British? 12
11. Discuss the role of Raja Ram Mohun Roy in taking forward the social 12
reforms in India.
12. Comment on the rise of novel in India. 12
SCQ: Answer any two in 100 words each. 6+6
a) Awadh state
b) Ryotwari settlement
c) Asiatic Society
d) 1st Burmese war