EEG-01 / BEGE-101 Elective Course in English
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2020-2021
From Language to Literature
Assignment (Based on Blocks 1-6)
Course Code: EEG-01/BEGE-101
Maximum Marks: 100
EEG-01 / BEGE-101 English Solved Assignment 2020-21
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(English)|
|Short Name||EEG-01 / BEGE-101 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(English) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study
Centre allotted to you by 31st March (for June exam) and 30th September (for
December exam). Please read the instructions given in your Programme Guide. Now
read the following guidelines carefully before answering questions.
1. Show your understanding of literary and non-literary prose by citing examples and discussing
them in about 450words(You may give the source)
2. Fill in the blank in the following passage with suitableprepositions:
The man was playing cards some other people. He
tried cheat the others using an extra card. Unfortunately,
he was caught the act and wassubsequently shot death.
3. Make five words using the prefix ‘un’ as ‘unusual’
4. Correct the following sentences: (10)
(i) The barn was most large.
(ii) I am going to home.
(iii) Non-violence is a first article of my faith.
(iv) I have cooked lot of food.
(v) She is having a large bank balance.
5. Write short notes the following literary devices, giving examples in each case. (20)
6. Write a passage using rhetorical devices on a person or idea in about 300
7. Write short notes on any TWO of the following giving examples from literary
• Extension by Magnification
• Multiple meaning o words
• Overlap of meaning in Concrete Nouns
• Phrasal Verbs
8. Give the meanings of the phrasal verbs used in the following sentences. (10)
a. She is beating about the bush.
b. I have developed cold feet for the job.
c. The boss called for the file.
d. I have decided to call it a day.
e. She rounded up the argument and ended all confusion.
BEGE-101, BEGE101, BEGE 101, BEGE