BZYET-141 IMMUNOLOGY in English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Course Code: BZYET-141
Assignment Code: BZYET-141/TMA/2023
Maximum Marks: 100
BZYET-141 Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Valid from 1st January, 2023 to 31st December, 2023|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st January, 2023 to 31st December, 2023|
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
Part-A Maximum Marks: 50
1. i) Define the following terms:
c) Phagocytic barriers of innate immunity
ii) Give an example of each of the following in the space provided:
Column I Column II
Bacterial disease that can be prevented
due to high body temperature
2. Write a comparative note on the role of Thymus and Bone marrow with respect
to immune response.
3. i) How does the protein structure influence the capacity of antigens to form
ii) Write down the differences between alloantigen and autoantigen.
4. Fill in the blanks:
i) The isotypes have similar ………………… regions of …………………
and ………………… chains but different ………………… regions of
ii) The allotypes may have different amino acids in CDR regions of the
………………… chain or the ………………… chain.
iii) The idiotype provides ………………… antibodies to interact with
different ………………… in one’s own body.
iv) The fetus acquires immunity from the mother as ………………… can
cross ………………… .
5. i) Explain, Antigen processing and Antigen presentation?
ii) What are the differences between class I and class II MHC molecules?
Part-B Maximum Marks: 50
6. i) What is BCR? What are its functions? Which 2 Igs make up the BCRs?
ii) Describe the major events of the B-Cell maturation briefly.
7. i) Choose whether following sentence are true (T) or False (F):
a) T helper cells possess CD8+
b) Cytotoxic T -cells kills the antigen infected cells.
c) MHC molecule requires to present antigen peptide on the surface
d) CD8+ marker recognizes MHC II complex.
e) CD4+ marker recognizes MHC I complex.
f) All nucleated cells possess MHC I molecule.
ii) Define the CD and MHC molecules.
iii) Which type of antigen-presenting molecule is found only on
macrophages, dendritic cells, and B cells?
iv) Which type of antigen-presenting molecule is found on all nucleated
8. i) Match the following with the correct option of Column I with Column
Column I Column II
a) Allergy i Paul Ehrlich
b) Autoimmunity ii Type-IV hypersensitivity
iii Type-II hypersensitivity
iv Type-III hypersensitivity
e) Arthus reaction v Clemens von Pirquet
ii) State whether the following statement are ‘True’ or ‘False’:
a) The removal of self-reactive cells within our body immune system
b) The deposition of antigen-antibody complexes in tissues or blood
vessels causes the activation of complement system along with
recruitment of neutrophils.
c) Type-I hypersensitivity is accompanied by clinical symptoms like:
anaphylaxis, angioedema, bronchospasm, hypotension etc.
d) Myasthenia Gravis is a condition of muscular dysfunction arising
from acetylcholine inadequacy not auto-immunity.
e) Type-IV hypersensitivity is clinically associated with hemolytic
anemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia.
9. i) What is immunosuppressive therapy. Explain the two major types of the
ii) Define the immunological tolerance highlighting the central and
10. i) Explain DNA vaccine.
ii) Based on formulation how many types of vaccines are there and give the
example of major preventable diseases of each?
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?