BSOC-132 SOCIOLOGY OF INDIA
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
SOCIOLOGY OF INDIA
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BSOC –132
Assignment Code: Asst /TMA /2021-22
Total Marks: 100
BSOC-132 Sociology Solved Assignment 2021-2022
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(Sociology)|
|Session||July 2021 & January 2022 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||ASST /TMA /2021-22|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Sociology) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July: 30th April|
For the students enrolled in January: 31st October
Answer the following Descriptive Category questions in about 500 words each. Each question
carries 20 marks.
1. Describe how society in India is a unity in diversity with suitable illustrations.
Discuss the nature and types of diversities found in India.
2. In what ways did society in India change in terms of its economy and society after 1990’s?
What is the meaning of forest and its produce in the lives of the tribal in Madhya Pradesh?
Discuss the loss of their livelihood with examples.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10
3 X 10 = 30
3. Define the concept of class. Discuss the structure of class in urban India.
How far does the concept of caste determines the village social structure? Discuss.
4. What is a family? How many types of family are found in India? Discuss.
Discuss the role played by binship in India with specifie focus on the village.
5. Describe the relationship between religion and society mentioned by Marx and Weber.
Distinguish between race and ethnicity and discuss their major characteristics.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6
5 X 6 = 30
6. What is a tribe?
7. How many languages are there in India.
8. What is secularism? Give an example.
9. Define the concept of caste.
10. What is social change?
BSOC-132, BSOC 132, BSOC132