BSOC-106 SOCIOLOGY OF RELIGION
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: BSOC-106
Assignment Code: ASST/BSOC 133/ 2021
Total Marks: 100
BSOC-106 SOCIOLOGY Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(SOCIOLOGY)|
|Short Name||BSOC-106 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||ASST/BSOC 133/ 2021|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(SOCIOLOGY) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Completed assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre by: October 31, 2021|
Answer the following Descriptive Category Questions in about 500 words each. Each question
carries 20 marks. 2 × 20 = 40
1. ‘Protestant ethics are closely related with the spirit of capitalism’. Discuss.
2. Explain the symbolic dimension of ritual.
Answer the following Middle Category Questions in about 250 words each. Each question
carries 10 marks. 3 × 10 = 30
3. Explain the social significance of pilgrimage.
4. Discuss Weber’s perspective on prophet.
5. Explain the role of Arya Samaj in emancipation of women.
Answer the following Short Category Questions in about 100 words each. Each question
carries 6 marks. 5 × 6 = 30
6. What is a cult?
7. Explain the difference between magic and religion.
8. What is animism?
9. Distinguish between sacred and profane.
10. What do you understand by secularization?
BSOC-106, BSOC 106, BSOC106