BRL-11 SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2018-19
Course Code : BRL-11
Course Title : Retail Operations and Store Management -II
Assignment Code : BRL-11/TMA/2018-19
Coverage : All Blocks
Attempt all the questions.
(A) Short Answer Type Questions
1. Explain the important laws related to taxation, excise duty, shop and establishment act,
and packaged commodity act. (10)
2. “Probably with the success of an isolated store, many others want to open stores selling
similar product lines to cash in on the flow into the area”. Explain. (10)
3. How Supply Chain Management encompasses the planning and management of all
activities involved in sourcing and procurement and conversion? (10)
4. Distinguish between the following: (10)
(a) Up-sell and Cross-sell
(b) Store and E-store
(c) Website and App
(d) Price loyalty and Emotional loyalty
5. Write short notes on the following: (10)
(a) Multichannel Retailing
(c) Balance Score Card
(d) Personal Selling
6. Briefly Comment on the following: (10)
(a) Category management should not be viewed as a part or sub- unit.
(b) Many retailer may get caught into vicious circle.
(c) Expressed warranty happen even if the same is not in writing.
(d) MRTP as the said arrangement violets the free competitive sprit.
7. Explain with diagram the concept of Hierarchy of social influence on consumer behavior.
(B) Essay Type Question
8. What are the Crucial elements of an effective implementation of CRM programme. How
the customer pyramid is going to be effected. (15)
9. Explain the concept of ethical retailing. Which are the three measure areas of retailing
where ethical behavior counts? Elaborate them briefly. (15)