BRL-010 Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code : BRL- 10
Course Title : Buying and Merchandising-II
Assignment Code : BRL-10/TMA/2019-20
Coverage : All Blocks
BRL-010 Solved Assignment 2019-20
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Retailing|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: BBA|
|Product||Assignment of BBA 2019-20 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||1. Those who are enrolled in July 2019, it is valid up to June 2020.
2. Those who are enrolled in January 2020,it is valid up to December 2020.
Attempt all the questions.
(A)Short Answer type Questions
1. Define merchandising. Describe the steps involved in the process of merchandising. (2+8)
2. What do you mean by operating expenses ? Distinguish between direct and indirect expenses.
Give their examples in relation to a departmental retail store. (2+8)
3. “Mark-up is an important tool for the retail business.” Elaborate on the statement and explain the
two methods of mark-up calculation. (10)
4. What is meant by the inventory at the front level ? Describe the two methods of determining
inventory on the retail floor. (2+8)
5. Explain the ‘open-to-buy’ system and state its advantages. Also show how is it
6. Explain the concept of product development and state its advantages and disadvantages.
7. Explain the various factors affecting retail pricing. (10)
(B) Essay type Questions
8. “The organized retail has miles to go in India.” Elaborate on the statement giving suitable
9. Write short notes on any two of the following : (15)
(a) Pricing in retail
(b) Store development index
(c) SPF as a planning measure
(d) Sales curves
BRL-0010, BRL-010, BRL-10, BRL10, BRL 10, BRL 0010, BRL 010, BRL0010, BRL