BPSE-212 / EPS-12 Solved Assignment 2018-19
GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS IN INDIA (BPSE-212/EPS-12)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: BPSE-212/EPS –12
Assignment Code: Asst /TMA /2018-19
Total Marks: 100
Answer all questions. Try to answer in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer any two of the following in about 500 words each. 20×2
1. Define Colonialism. Critically examine the impact of colonialism on the political
economy of India.
2. Explain the reasons for the introduction of the special provisions for North-East India.
3. Critically evaluate the working of the coalition politics in India.
4. Explain the major differences between the Fundamental Rights and the Directive
Principles of State Policy.
B) MCQ: Answer any four of the following in about 250 words each. 12×4
5. Discuss the impact of Globalisation on Indian Economy.
6. Explain the main constraints of the electoral politics in India.
7. Discuss the main characteristics of the Dalit movement since the 1990s.
8. What are the main challenges to the unity of women’s movement in India?
9. What is secularism? Discuss the challenges before it.
10. Discuss the factors which led to the formation of linguistic states in India.
11. Write an essay on caste associations in politics.
12. What is the significance of the Keshavananda Bharti Case of 1973?
C) SCQ: Write Short notes on any two of the following in about 50 words each. 6×2
13. Environmental Movements
14. Parliamentary Privileges
15. Gandhi-Ambedkar debate
16. Inter-State Council