BPSC-133 COMPARATIVE GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course code: BPSC-133
Assignment Code: BPSC-133/ASST/TMA/2020-21
BPSC-133 Political Science Hons (BAPSH) Solved Assignment 2020-21
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-21 Course: BA(Political Science Hons (BAPSH))|
|Short Name||BPSC-133 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Political Science Hons (BAPSH)) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||If you are enrolled for this course in July 2020, you should submit this Assignment by
30th April 2021. Those enrolled for this course in January 2021 session should submit by
31st October 2021.
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Critically examine the nature and scope of Comparative Politics. 20
2. Examine the challenges to sovereignty of nation-state in the globalising world. 20
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Examine of the notion of civil society in the post-colonial context 10
4. Explain presidential system and highlight its major features. 10
5. Briefly describe the core features of a federal form of government. 10
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. Distinguish pressure groups from political parties and interest groups. 6
7. Can case studies be used to draw comparative explanations? Give examples. 6
8. Bring out the distinctions between totalitarian and authoritarian regimes 6
9. Describe the functions of political parties in democratic politics. 6
10. What are the core assumptions of classical pluralism? 6