BLI-225 COMMUNICATION SKILLS Solved Assignment 2022-2023
BLI-225: COMMUNICATION SKILLS
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course: Communication Skills
Assignment Code: AST-1/TMA/ Jul.22- Jan.23
Blocks: 1 to 5
Units: 1to18 Total Marks: 70
Note: Answer all questions.
BLI-225 Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Library and Information Science|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Library and Information Science|
|Session||July 2022 and January 2023 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||AST-1/TMA/ Jul.22- Jan.23|
|Product||Assignment of BLIS 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July Session- 31st March
For January Session- 30th September
1. Read the passage carefully and answer the questions given below. (2X10= 20 Marks)
Language, as we have seen, seems to be a highly developed form of animal signaling. But there
is a missing link in the chain. How, and when, did we start to talk? This is a problem of interest
mainly to ethologists (students of animal behavior), and one which has not yet been solved. Most
linguists regard this fascinating topic as being outside the realm of linguistics proper. They are
more interested in studying actual language than in speculating about its origins. But although
how language began is a puzzle, why language began seems rather clearer. Possibly it began
because humans needed a greater degree of cooperation with each other in order to survive, and
this cooperation required efficient communication.
Consequently the primary function of language is to impart factual information and to convey
essential commands. But language can also be used to communicate feelings and emotions. This
aspect of language is not as well developed as „information talking‟, because humans, like other
primates, can convey emotions by screams, grunts, sobs, gestures and so on. So they need
language only to confirm and elaborate these more primitive signals.
In addition, there is the language of social chitchat, the meaningless small talk of everyday life.
“Hallo, how nice to see you. How are you? Isn‟t the weather terrible?” This social patter has
been called phatic communion and is primarily a device to maintain social contact on a friendly
level. Some ethnologists call it „grooming talking‟ and suggest that it is substitute for the friendly
grooming indulged in by the monkeys. There are other biologically less important functions of
language. Humans may use language for purely aesthetic reasons. In writing poetry, for example,
people manipulate words in the same way as they might model clay or paint a picture. Or they
may talk in order to release nervous tension, a function seen when people mutter to themselves in
anger and frustration.
1.1.a). Say whether the following statements are true or false according to the passage.
Correct the false statements. (10)
i). Language is a highly sophisticated form of human sign communication.
ii). Ethnologists are interested in the study of animal behavior.
iii). How language began is obscure.
iv). The main function of language is to convey emotions and feelings.
v). Phatic communication is similar to „groom talking‟ of monkeys.
1.2.b). Answer the following questions: (10)
i). List four reasons why human need to „talk‟?
ii). Besides „talk‟ how else do humans convey emotions?
iii). What is phatic communication? Give your own example of phatic communication.
iv). What is the primary function of writing?
v). Give an appropriate title to the passage.
2. Explain the different types of communication. (10)
3. Describe the different barriers to listening. (10)
4. Prepare a presentation with at least 10 slides on any one of the following topics. (10)
a). Telephonic skills
b). Social skills
c). Preparing your profile
5. Write on any two of the given topics in about 100 words. (10)
a). Correspondence at the workplace
b). Writing skills
c). Preparing your Portfolio
6. Write a letter to the prime minister of India requesting him for free COVID-19 vaccination
for all the citizens of India.
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?