BLI-223 ORGANISING AND MANAGING INFORMATION Solved Assignment 2022-2023
BLI-223: ORGANISING AND MANAGING INFORMATION
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Coverage: Course Code: BLI-223
Course: Organising and Managing Information
Assignment Code: AST/TMA/ Jul.2022/Jan.2023
Blocks: 1 to 4
Units: 1 to 14 Total Marks: 70
Note: Answer all questions.
BLI-223 Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Library and Information Science|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Library and Information Science|
|Session||July 2022 and January 2023 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BLIS 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July Session- 31st March
For January Session- 30th September
I) Answer the following questions in not more than 500 words each. (4X10=40 Marks)
1. Describe the structure of Sears List of Subject Headings (SLSH) giving examples. (10)
2. State the different types of Non-Book Material (NBM). Discuss the
constraints in using them and problems in their cataloguing. (10)
3. Explain the need for notation in library classification. Discuss its qualities. (10)
4. What is a post coordinate indexing system? Discuss its difference with a pre
coordinate indexing systems. (10)
II) Answer the following questions in not more than 250 words each. ( 6X5=30 Marks)
1. Explain the features and advantages of OPACs. (5)
2. State the associative relationships in a thesaurus. Illustrate any five such
relationships by giving examples. (5)
3. Enumerate the different types of metadata explaining their purposes. (5)
4. Explain the steps of Chain indexing with an example. (5)
5. Describe the major purpose of standardization in cataloguing. Describe different
sections of ISO 2709 and their features. (5)
6. Explain the Canons of Array with an example.
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?