BHIC-101 HISTORY OF INDIA – I
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
BHIC 101: HISTORY OF INDIA I
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course code: BHIC-101
Assignment Code: BHIC-101/ASST/TMA/2021
BHIC-101 History (BAHIH) Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-21 Course: BA(History (BAHIH))|
|Short Name||BHIC-101 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(History (BAHIH)) 2020-2021(IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid for January 2021 admission cycle; and
the assignment is to be submitted latest by September 30, 2021
Note: There are three Sections in the Assignment. You have to answer all questions in
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. What is Pre-history? Describe the main features of Lower Palaeolithic culture of India.
2. What is an empire? Can it be applied in the case of the Mauryas? Explain.
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. What are the distinguishing features of Mature Harappan Culture? In what ways can it
be distinguished from the Early Harappan culture?
4. Describe the material milieu for the rise of Buddhism and Jainism in the sixth century
5. Give the reasons for the rise of the Magadha mahajanapada.
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. Neolithic culture in India 6
7. Late Harappan culture 6
8. Painted Grey Ware 6
9. Mauryan administration 6
10. Position of women in early India
BHIC-101, BHIC 101, BHIC101