BEVAE-181 Environment Studies
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Tutor Marked Assignment
AECC on Environment Studies
Course Code: BEVAE-181
Assignment Code: BEVAE-181/TMA/2019-2020
Maximum Marks: 100
AECC/BEVAE-181 English Solved Assignment 2020-21
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(English)|
|Short Name||AECC/BEVAE-181 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(English) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid from 1st July, 2020 to 30th June, 2021.|
1. (a) Explain the importance of environment in day to day life by citing suitable examples
in about 120 words.
(b) “Sustainable development is a goal toward which all human societies need to be
moving.” Elaborate the statement in about 120 words.
2. Differentiate between the following terms by giving suitable examples in about 120
(a) Primary succession and secondary succession
(b) Direct and indirect use value of biodiversity
3. Answer the following questions in about 150 words.
(a) What is biodiversity hotspot? Why is India considered as a mega biodiversity
(b) Distinguish between Biota of the Pelagic and Benthic zones of the Oceans with
(c) Differentiate between the surface and ground water. Describe the factors responsible
for degradation of water.
(d) Write a short note on global carbon cycle with the help of diagram.
4. How does forest support ecological system and moderate global climate? Explain with
suitable examples in about 250 words.
5.“India has tremendous potential in non-conventional sources of energy.” Elucidate the
statement with suitable examples and arguments in about 250 words.
6. Explain the following terms in about 50 words:
(b) Agenda 21
(c) Global Warming
(d) Hazardous Wastes
7. Answer the following questions in about 150 words.
(a) How does Landfilling act as an important method of waste disposal? Explain.
(b) What is Acid rain? Describe its effect.
(c) Describe issues emerges in enforcement of national environment legislations.
(d) What is environmental ethics? Why do we need a set of ethics for the environment?
8. “Habitat destruction is recognised as most significant threat to global biodiversity?”
Elucidate the statement in present context with suitable examples in about 250 words.
9. Differentiate between the primary and secondary pollutants. Explain how these pollutants
are harmful for humans and environment in about 250 words.
10. Critically analyse a case of people’s movement in India against environmental
degradation in about 300 words.
AECC/BEVAE-181, AECC, BEVAE-181, BEVAE 181, BEVAE181