BEGE-144 Understanding the Novel
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Assignment January 2022 Session
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Max. Marks: 100
BEGE-144 English Honours Solved Assignment 2021-2022
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(English Honours)|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||Assignment for July 2021 and January 2022 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(English Honours) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination 30th April
For December Examination 31stOctober
Answer all questions.
1. Write short notes in about 200 words each: 4 × 5 = 20
(i) Types of the novel
(ii) New areas of novel writing
(iii) Third Person Narrative
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 4 X 7.5 = 30
1. How would you define writing style? Explain.
2. Is it necessary to have an understanding of an age to read a writer/ a novel? Think and
3. What were some of the themes of early Odia novels?
4. How did colonialism disrupt social life in Africa? Base your answer on your understanding of
Things Fall Apart.
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each: 5 X 10 = 50
1. Comment on the themes discussed in The Awakening.
2. Write a detailed essay on the use of songs, in Paraja.
3. Discuss Paraja as a translated novel.
4. Comment on the development of the Nigerian novel.
5. Examine the use of folk material such as Proverbs, Sayings and Metaphors in Things Fall Apart.
BEGE-144, BEGE 144, BEGE144