BEGC-112 BRITISH LITERATURE: EARLY TWENTIETH CENTURY Solved Assignment 2022-2023
BRITISH LITERATURE: EARLY TWENTIETH CENTURY
Programme: BAEGH /2022-23
Course Code: BEGC 112
Max. Marks: 100
BEGC-112 Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||July, 2022 & January 2023 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||BAEGH /2022-23|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination: 30th April
For December Examination: 31st October
Answer all questions in this assignment.
I Explain the following passages with reference to the context.
1. “For, now that it was all over, truce signed, and the dead buried, he had,
especially in the evening, these sudden thunder-claps of fear. He could not
feel. As he opened the door of the room where the Italian girls sat making
hats, he could see them; could hear them; they were rubbing wires among
coloured beads in saucers; they were turning buckram shapes this way and
that; the table was all strewn with feathers, spangles, silks, ribbons; scissors
were rapping on the table; but something failed him; he could not feel. Still,
scissors rapping, girls laughing, hats being made protected him; he was
assured of safety; he had a refuge.”
2. “But no, he would not give in. Turning sharply, he walked towards the
city’s gold phosphorescence. His fists were shut, his mouth set fast. He
would not take that direction, to the darkness, to follow her. He walked
towards the faintly humming, glowing town, quickly.”
3. “Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.”
4. “Our researchers into Public Opinion are content
That he held the proper opinions for the time of year;
When there was peace, he was for peace: when there was war, he went.
He was married and added five children to the population,
Which our Eugenist says was the right number for a parent of his
And our teachers report that he never interfered with their education.
Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.”
II. Write short notes on the following: (4×5=20)
A. Characteristics of modernism and post-modernism.
B. The “Stream of Consciousness Technique” and early twentieth century
C. Modern British drama of the early twentieth century.
D. The major themes and concerns of the novel Mrs. Dalloway.
III. Write short essays on the following: (10×2=20)
A. “The early years of the twentieth century were significant for the movement
for women’s rights.” Discuss how the literary texts that you have studied in
this course, reflect the developments in the contemporary movement for
B. Explain the title of the poem “I think continually of those who are truly
IV. Discuss the central theme of the poem “Journey of the Magi” and comment
on the symbolism in the poem.
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?