BEGC-105 American Literature
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Assignment January & July 2021 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Max. Marks: 100
BEGC-105 English Honours Solved Assignment 2021-2022
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||FOR JULY 2021 AND JANUARY 2022 SESSIONS|
|Assignment Code||TMA 01/2021-22|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination: 30th April|
For December Examination: 31st October
Answer all questions.
Answer with reference to the context: 5×4=20
(i) They added ridge to valley, brook to pond
And signed for all that bounded their domain;
This suits me for a pasture; that’s my park;
We must have clay, lime, gravel, granite-ledge,
(ii) The Past!. the past! the past!
The Past-the dark unfathom’d retrospect!
The teeming gulf-the sleepers and the shadows!
The past-the infinite greatness of the part!
For what is the present after all but a growth
out of the past?
(iii) Because I could not stop for Death–
He kindly stopped for me–
The carriage held just ourselves
(iv) Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
But I with mournful tread.
Walk the deck my captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 5X4=20
1. What aspect of death does the poet Emily Dickinson highlight in her poems?
2. Examine and elucidate the three pillory scenes in The Scarlet Letter.
3. Write a critical appreciation of the poem BECAUSE I COULD NOT STOP FOR DEATH.
4. How did Henrik Ibsen contribute to the growth of modern American
Answer the following questions in about 600 words each: 4X15=60
1. Examine the growth of American drama during the seventeen,
eighteen and nineteenth centuries.
2. Why All My Sons is considered a tragedy?
3. Describe Puritan psychology and state how this has left an
imprint on the modern American character..
4. Discuss the major concerns of Hemingway in his short stories and the
formal strategies he often adopts in highlighting them.
BEGC-105, BEGC 105, BEGC105