BEGC-103 INDIAN WRITING IN ENGLISH
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
INDIAN WRITING IN ENGLISH
Assignment for July 2021 and January 2022 sessions
(Based on Blocks 1-4)
BEGC-103 English Honours Solved Assignment 2021-2022
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||FOR JULY 2021 AND JANUARY 2022 SESSIONS|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination: 30th April
For December Examination: 31st October
Answer All Questions
Q.I Explain the reference to the context the following
4 x 5 = 20
(i) He even poured a little paraffin upon the bitten toe and put a match to it. I watched the flame
feeding on my mother.
(ii) And the way it carried off three village houses,
One pregnant woman
And a couple of cows
Named Gopi and Brinda, as usual.
(iii) Fed on God for years
All her feasts were monotonous
For the only dish was always God
And the rest mere condiments.
(iv) Bangle sellers are we who bear our shining loads to the temple fair… Who will buy these delicate,
bright Rainbow-tinted circles of light?
Q. II Answer the following questions in about 350 words each:
4 x 7.5 = 30
1. Give a character sketch of The Master.
2. Discuss the theme of feminism in the novel The Binding Vine.
3. Critically analyze the poem ‘A River’.
4. Discuss both the surface and deeper meaning of ‘The Lost Child’.
Q. III Answer the following questions in about 600 words each:
5 x 10 = 50
1. Discuss the elements of satire, irony and humour in A Tiger for Malgudi, quoting examples from the
2. The Binding Vine is a stream of consciousness novel. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answers.
3. Write a detailed note on the rise, development and the main characteristics of the short story.
4. Why is it important for protagonist to learn swimming in the story ‘Swimming lessons’?
5. Discuss the theme of the poem ‘Enterprise’ by Nissim Ezekiel.
BEGC 103, BEGC103, BEGC-103