BECE-214 Solved Assignment 2018-19
BECE-214: AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT IN INDIA
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: BECE-214
Assignment Code: EEC-14/AST/TMA/2017-18
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer all the questions
A. Long Answer Questions (word limit-500 words) 2 x 20 = 40 marks
1) Discuss the factors influencing cropping pattern. What are its emerging trends?
2) What is meant by ‘quantitative restrictions’ in the context of agricultural trade? How
does it impact domestic concerns of Indian agriculture?
B. Medium Answer Questions (word limit-250 words) 4 x 12= 48 marks
1) How did the ‘Great Depression’ of 1930s influence the commercialisation
2) Discuss the progress of diversification in India agriculture.
3) Explain the role of technological improvements in raising agricultural productivity.
4) Write a note on classification of agricultural markets.
C. Short Answer Questions (word limit 100 words) 2×6=12 marks
1) Stable prices for inflation control.
2) Unique feature of NREGA, 2005.