BECE-143 ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS
Solved Assignment 2022
Programme Code: BAECH
Course Code: BECE-143
Assignment Code: BECC-143/AST/TMA/2022
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BECE-143 Economics Solved Assignment 2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022 Course: BA(Economics)|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Economics) 2022|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in January: 31st October|
Answer all the questions
A. Long Answer Questions (word limit-500 words) 2 × 20 = 40 marks
1) Explain the criteria for policy evaluation in terms of ‘Pareto Improvement Criterion’
and ‘Kaldor-Hicks Compensation Criterion’.
2) Define the term ‘Coasian Bargaining’. Illustrate by a hypothetical example how
negative externalities in consumption can be tackled by assigning rights.
B. Medium Answer Questions (word limit-250 words) 3 × 10 = 30 marks
3) Elucidate the economic rationale behind the enforcement of the CAC approach.
4) Outline how the concept of ‘liability’ is an effective instrument in enabling the
‘polluting units’ attain their efficient level of pollution.
5) Explain the four major dimensions of transboundary pollution.
C. Short Answer Questions (word limit 100 words) 2 × 3 × 5 = 30 marks
6) Differentiate between:
(a) Stated Preference and Revealed Preference Methods.
(b) Displacement Hypothesis and Pollution Haven Hypothesis.
(c) Use Value and Non Use Value of Environmental Services.
7) Write short notes on the following.
(a) Concept of ‘global commons’.
(b) Hedonic Price Method.
(c) Growth-Environment Controversy.
BECE-143, BECE 143, BECE143