BECE-016 Economic Development: Comparative Analysis and Contemporary Issues
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Economic Development: Comparative
Analysis and Contemporary Issues
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: BECE-016
Asst. Code: BECE-016/AST/TMA/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
BECE-016 Economics Solved Assignment 2020-21
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(Economics)|
|Short Name||BECE-016 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(Economics) 2020-21 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||31st March, 2021 for the students appearing in the June 2021 Term End Examination
30th September, 2021 for the students appearing in December 2021 Term End Examination
Note: Answer all the questions.
A. Long Answer Questions. (Answer in about 500 words each) 2 x 20=40
1. Explain the major conceptual differences between the ideas of ‘economic growth’ and ‘economic
development’. In light of this, do you support the view that ‘growth of an economy’ is a necessary
but not sufficient ‘condition for development’?
2. Discuss the concept of ‘export-driven model of economic development’. Are there any grounds on
which this model of growth is criticised?
B. Medium Answer Questions. (Answer in about 250 words each) 4 x 12=48
3. Outline the central idea behind the ‘Endogenous Growth Theory’?
4. Highlight the central idea behind the concept of ‘sustainable development’ as defined in the World
Commission on Environment and Development.
5. On what grounds did Solow criticize the Harod-Domar model of growth?
6. Discuss the problems of ‘Market Socialism’?
C. Short Answer Questions. (Answer in about 100 words each) 2 x 6=12
7. Differentiate between following: (3 x 2 = 6)
a) Hicks Neutrality and Harrod Neutrality of Technological Progress.
b) Finance capitalism and Monopoly capitalism.
c) Communism and Socialism.
8. Write short notes on: (3 x 2 = 6)
ii) Steady State Growth
iii) Foreign Trade Policy of Sin
BECE-016, BECE-16, BECE 016, BECE 16, BECE016, BECE16, BECE