BECE-016 Solved Assignment 2018-19
Economic Development: Comparative Analysis and
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: BECE-016
Asst. Code: BECE-016/AST/TMA/2018-19
Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Answer all the questions.
A. Long Answer Questions. (Answer in about 500 words each) 2 x 20=40
1. What are the global issues in sustainable development linked to environment? How
far has India made progress in addressing these?
2. What is meant by the ‘structural change approach’ to economic development?
Distinguish between the basic needs approach and the capability approach to
B. Medium Answer Questions. (Answer in about 250 words each) 4 x 12=48
3. What are the major forms of PPP? Explain its main features.
4. What is meant by capitalism? Outline the different stages of historical evolution of
5. What is meant by market socialism? Discuss briefly Lange’s market socialist model.
6. What is mixed economy? Explain the merits and demerits of a mixed economic system.
C. Short Answer Questions. (Answer in about 100 words each) 2 x 6=12
7. Distinguish between: (3 x 2 = 6)
a) Transnationalisation and Globalisation
b) Finance capitalism and monopoly capitalism
c) Harrod neutrality and Hicks neutrality
8. Write short notes on: (3 x 2 = 6)
i) Most favoured nations clause
ii) Fixed exchange rate and floating exchange rate
iii) Special drawing rights