BECC-134 PRINCIPLES OF MACROECONOMICS – II
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: BECC-134
Assignment Code: ASST/BECC 134/ 2021
Total Marks: 100
BECC-134 Economics Hons (BAECH) Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG(Economics Hons (BAECH))|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(Economics Hons (BAECH))|
|Short Name||BECC-134 (Economics Hons (BAECH))|
|Assignment Code||ASST/BECC 134/ 2021|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Economics Hons (BAECH)) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For students of July 2020 cycle: 30.04.2021
For students of January 2021 cycle: 31.10.2021
Answer the following Descriptive Category Questions in about 500 words each. Each
question carries 20 marks. Word limit does not apply in the case of numerical questions.
2 × 20 = 40
1. (a) Briefly explain the implications of the IS curve. What does a point outside the IS
curve mean? What do the position and slope the IS curve imply?
(b) Briefly explain the implications of the LM curve. What does a point outside the LM
curve mean? What do the position and slope of the LM curve imply?
2. Define AS curve. What is its shape? Explain the factors that influence the AS curve.
Answer the following Middle Category Questions in about 250 words each. Each
question carries 10 marks. Word limit does not apply in the case of numerical questions.
3 × 10 = 30
3. Define inflation. Explain the manner in which inflation affects the following sections of society:
(i) wage earners, (ii) borrowers, (iii) savers, and (iv) producers.
4. Explain why the Phillips curve would be downward-sloping in the short run and vertical in the
5. Derive AD curve from the IS-LM model. What are the factors that influence the slope of the AD
Answer the following Short Category Questions in about 100 words each. Each question
carries 6 marks. 5 × 6 = 30
6. Explain the concept of natural rate of unemployment.
7. Distinguish between fixed and flexible exchange rate regimes.
8. Distinguish between nominal exchange rate and real exchange rate.
9. Explain the impact of supply shocks on output and price levels.
10. In the IS-LM model, explain why the economy always moves towards the equilibrium
BECC-134, BECC 134, BECC134