BCOC-136 INCOME TAX LAW & PRACTICE in English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Course Code : BCOC – 136
Course Title : Income Tax Law and Practice
Assignment Code : BCOC – 136 /TMA/2022-23
Coverage : All Blocks
Maximum Marks: 100
BCOC-136 Solved Assignment 2022-23
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: B.Com(G) CBCS|
|Session||Valid from 1st July, 2022 to 30th June, 2023|
|Product||Assignment of BCOMG 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||1. Those students who are appearing in December Term End Examination they have to submit
latest by in 15 October.
2. Those students who are appearing in June exams. They should download the new assignment and submit the same latest by 15 March
Attempt all the questions.
(This section contains five questions of 10 marks each)
Q 1 What do you understand by casual income? How are they treated under the Income Tax
Q 2 From the following particulars, calculate gross taxable salary of Mr. Ashish for the A.Y.
Basic Pay 10,000
D.A. (Under the terms of employment) Bonus 5,000
Taxable part of Gratuity received 3,00,000
Completed year of service 35 years
Leave consumed during service 28 months
Actual amount of leave encashment 1,50,000
Q 3 Define annual value and state the deductions that are allowed from the annual value in
computing the income from house property. (10)
Q 4 Prof. R.K. Mittal has a GTI of Rs. 30, 00,000 including LTCG of Rs. 5 lakh during P.Y.
2021-22. He made the following donations:
i) Rs. 1,00,000 to National Defence Fund
ii) Rs. 70,000 to PMNRF
iii) Rs. 1,60,000 for repair of Temple (Notified)
iv) Rs. 90,000 to a Political Party
v) Books worth Rs. 70,000 to poor children
vi) Rs. 1,00,000 to a Public Charitable Institution
vii) Rs. 1,00,000 for promotion of family planning programme of UP Government.
Calculate the amount of deduction u/s 80 G (10)
Q 5 From the information given below, compute the total income of the firm and tax payable
by it for the Assessment Year 2022-23. (10)
Profit from small scale industrial undertaking 6,50,000
Profit from the animal breeding business 2,20,000
Short term capital loss 2,50,000
Long term capital gain 4,50,000
Interest from bank (Gross) 80,000
Donation to charitable institution (approved) by cheque 1,30,000
(This section contains five short questions of 6 marks each)
Q 6 What are the provisions for calculating House rent allowance? (6)
Q 7 What are the provisions regarding unrecognized provident fund in Income Tax Act,
Q 8 Discuss the various kinds of Securities? Explain the rule regarding grossing up of interest
on Tax-Free Commercial Securities. (6)
Q 9 Explain with example the term Book Profit in relation to the assessment of firms. (6)
Q 10 What is ITR? List the various documents required for filing ITR. (6)
(This section contains four short questions of 5 marks each)
Q 11 The income of the previous year is taxed in the current year”. Explain. (5)
Q 12 State the conditions which a Hindu Undivided Family has to fulfill in order to be called
as resident in India. (5)
Q 13 List any five incomes that shall be chargeable under head ‘Profit and gains of Business or
Q 14 What does the term ‘Capital Gains’ signify under the Income Tax Act? (5)
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?