BBYET-143 Economic Botany and Biotechnology in English Solved Assignment 2023
Course Code: BBYET-143
Assignment Code: BBYET-143/TMA/2023
Maximum Marks: 100
BBYET-143 Solved Assignment 2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2023 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Valid from 1st January, 2023 to 31st December, 2023|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st January, 2023 to 31st December, 2023|
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
1. Define the following terms:
i) Genetic bottleneck
ii) Synthetic medium
iv) Genetically modified organism (GMO)
2. Differentiate between the following:
i) Top down and bottom up genetic basis of domestication.
ii) Rhizogenesis and Caulogenesis
iii) Spice and condiment
iv) Genomic and cDNA library
v) Direct and Indirect embryogenesis
3. a) Define totipotency. Describe any two application of plant tissue
b) What is a protoplast? Describe the technique of somatic
hybridization with the help of a diagram.
4. Write sort note on the following:
i) Colony hybridisation
ii) Domestication syndrome
iii) Wood distillation
5. Describe the origin, taxonomy and distribution of wheat and rice. (10)
6. What is genetic engineering? Describe the technique of Agrobacteriummediated transformation with the help of a diagram.
7. Enlist the major fibre yielding plants. Describe the morphology, cultivation
and uses of any two of them.
8. Write the botanical name of the following plants:
vii) Pigeon Pea
9. What is germplasm? Explain the two approaches followed for the
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?