BBYCT-135 Plant Anatomy and Embryology
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: BBYCT-135
Assignment Code: BBYCT-135/TMA/2020-2021
Maximum Marks: 100
BBYCT-135 Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Short Name||BBYCT-135 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid from 1st January 2021 to 31st December, 2021. If you have failed in this
assignment or fail to submit it by December, 2021, then you need to get the assignment for the
year 2022, and submit it as per the instructions given in the Programme Guide.
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
1. a) Define the following terms :
ii) Quiescent center
iv) Adventive embryos
x) Cross pollination
b) Describe in brief the various morphological and anatomical adaptations
in xerophytes with diagrams.
2. Describe simple tissues and complex tissue with proper diagrams. (10)
3. a) Compare the structures of a primary and secondary root also give
b) Differentiate between monocot and dicot leaf with labelled diagram.
4. a) Describe secondary growth in dicot stem with labelled diagram.
b) Discuss theories of shoot apical organization with diagrams.
5. a) Describe specialised epidermal cells with labelled diagram and its role
b) The pollen tube enters the embryo sac via three different routes.
Explain and enumerate the advantages of cross pollination.
6. a) Explain the various stages of embryo development in plants with the
help of illustrations.
b) Explain the phenomenon of double fertilization in angiosperms with the
help of a well labelled diagram. What is the role of endosperm in
7. a) Describe the structure of a mature embryo sac with labelled diagram.
b) Describe dispersal mechanisms found in seed.
8. a) What is parthenocarpy. Describe various types of parthenocarpy found
b) Explain incompatibility and describe its types and significance.
9. Differentiate between:
i) Heartwood and sapwood
ii) Porous and non-porous wood
iii) Dicot stem and monocot stem
iv) Glandular and non-glandular trichomes
v) Open and closed style
10. Write short notes on:
ii) Aerial roots
iv) Cambial variant in stems
BBYCT-135, BBYCT 135, BBYCT135