BBYCT-133 Plant Ecology and Taxonomy
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: BBYCT-133
Assignment Code: BBYCT-133/TMA/2021
Maximum Marks: 100
BBYCT-133 Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Short Name||BBYCT-133 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||) This assignment is valid from 1st January 2021 to 31st December, 2021. If you have failed in this
assignment or fail to submit it by December, 2021, then you need to get the assignment for the
year 2022, and submit it as per the instructions given in the Programme Guide.
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
1. Define the following:
i) Net primary productivity
ii) Habitat ecology
v) Carrying capacity
2. a) Describe water cycle on earth with proper labelled diagram.
b) Describe soil profile and list its physical and chemical properties.
3. a) Discuss how light becomes optimal and limiting factor in distribution of
plants with proper example.
b) Describe adaptations in aquatic plants with proper example and
4. a) What is a community and describe its characters.
b) What is succession? Describe it by giving an example.
5. a) Describe the components of ecosystem with diagrams. Also list types of
b) Describe the phytogeographical regions of India
6. Discuss aims and objectives of taxonomy. Describe the four important steps
7. Define key. How will you construct and use a key? Discuss fault and
limitations of a key.
8. a) Differentiate between alpha and omega taxonomy. Discuss how
evidences from phytochemistry can help in solving the taxonomical
b) Describe the procedures adopted in numerical taxonomy.
9. a) How would you build and interpret a Cladogram, explain with a proper
b) Discuss the merits and demerits of Engler and Prantl’s system of
10. Write short notes on:
iii) Role of botanical Survey of India
iv) Biodiversity hotspot areas in India
v) Characteristics of a good key
BBYCT-133, BBYCT 133, BBYCT133