BBYCT-133 Plant Ecology and Taxonomy
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Plant Ecology and Taxonomy
Course Code: BBYCT-133
Assignment Code: BBYCT-133/TMA/2022
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBYCT-133 Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Valid from 1st January, 2022 to 31st December, 2022|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid from 1st January 2022 to 31st December, 2022|
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
1. a) Answer in one word:
i) The green plants which constitute the first trophic level of the food
ii) A stage in which communites reach a stage of equilibrium.
iii) The organism that is eaten up by predator.
b) Define the following:
ii) Net primary productivity
c) Match the following:
Column A Column B
i) Aquatic plants
a) Rank designating an organism
b) Binomial nomenclature
2. a) Describe the soil profile with the help of a well labelled diagram.
b) Enlist the major components of an ecosystem. Explain the importance
of these components for the functioning of an ecosystem.
3. a) What is a food chain? Give a detailed account of its types with the help
b) With the help of a well labelled diagram explain the energy flow within
various components of an ecosystem.
4. What is ecological succession? Explain the phenomenon giving an example
of a desert community.
5. Describe the adaptations seen in xerophytes with the help of examples and
well labelled diagrams.
6. Describe the major phytogeographical regions of India (10)
7. a) Describe water cycle with the help of a well labeled diagram.
b) What is alpha and omega taxonomy? Explain.
8. a) What are different systems of classification? Describe in brief the
salient features of Bentham and Hooker’s system of classification.
b) What is a cladogram? Explain its importance in taxonomic studies.
9. a) Enumerate the applications of numerical taxonomy.
b) Write a note on Botanical Gardens of the World.
10. Write short notes on the following:
i) Hot spots of biodiversity
v) Importance of keys in taxonomic studies
BBYCT 133, BBYCT133, BBYCT-133