APM-01 Integrated Pest Management Solved Assignment 2020
(Tutor Marked Assignment)
INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT
Course Code: APM-01
Assignment Code: APM-01/TMA/2020
Maximum Marks: 100
APM-01 Application Oriented Courses Solved Assignment 2020
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BSC (Application Oriented Courses)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: BSC (Application Oriented Courses)|
|Short Name||APM-01 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||APM-01/TMA/ 2020|
|Product||Assignment of BSC (Application Oriented Courses) 2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment will remain valid for one year from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.|
1. Explain cultural control methods of IPM. (10)
2. 1. Write short notes on the following :
(a) Farmer Field Schools
(b) Plant Health Clinics
(c) Role of IFTK in IPM
(d) Role of NGOs in promoting IPM
3. Differentiate between the following pairs:
a) Predator and Parasitoid
b) Botanical and Microbial Pesticides
c) Acute toxicity and Chronic toxicity
d) Pest resurgence and Pest replacement
4. a) Discuss various microbial pesticides.
b) Enlist any five stored grain pests and discuss management measures against
5. (a) Discuss the manipulation of temperature and moisture in pest management.
(b) What is an IPM strategy? Describe key aspects of IPM programmes.
6. a) Why IPM is considered as a key component of sustainable agriculture?
b) How models and information technology can shape the future of IPM?
7. Name two pests of each of the following crops and comment upon their nature
of damage :
(ii) Bhindi (Okra)
APM-01, APM-1, APM 01, APM 1, APM01, APM